Distorted..

I’ve already seen it, seen it coming,
It’s happening one day, I can’t keep running,
Seeing the future, & what it holds
Something I can’t change, or control.

Lying to myself, but I know the facts,
Born with sharp edges, rugged & cracked,
Like an distorted mirror, reflection unknown,
Infecting fear, down to the bone,

Who am I, do I even know?
Scars run deep, & begin to show,
Suppressing the moment, the flood gates open,
And I realise, I’m not different, I’m just broken.

About thedarkestfairytale

This entry was posted in Everyday Life, Fairytale, Internet, Poems, Relationships, Social, The Mind and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Distorted..

1. Elliane S. says:

Wonderful poem! And thank you for following my blog. 🙂

2. Marvelous, you done it again. Bravo

3. ANM7 says:

Lovely. Commendable, truly. I think, hard work, refined, sincere. Thanks for going there.

4. fkregieblog says:

i love the last line of your poem – brilliant

5. fkregieblog says:

i love the last line of this poem – brilliant

I’ll keep my comments one to one on this one

7. mandibelle16 says:

Another poignant and sad poem. But well written. Your speaker sees something coming and cannot stop it, sometimes we have to deal with the cards we’re dealt. On the other hand, we can never truly know the future, and are always all to alter what hasn’t yet occurred. Your speaker feels broken, you had a wonderfully written analogy btw her and a “distorted mirror.” Everyone is broken, and in pieces at different times. We all have deep scars, and most many people cannot see. The thing about scars is they heal, you have a reminder, a mark left, but scars fade and there will be a time when your speaker feels less broken and more whole. Have a lovely weekend Tosha.

8. Eleanor says:

There is such depth in this, so much in so few lines. You are so skilled, writing poems that rhyme yet still convey so much. Thankyou.

9. I adore the last line. Really feel that sometimes. But even broken can be repaired, with care… Btw, what do you like to be called?

10. How I understand the meaning of this. It’s almost as though it was written for me.
    Just beautiful!

11. ddbooks says:

This is great! I have nominated you to complete the quote challenge. 🙂 https://awritersrefuge.wordpress.com/2016/06/18/day-2-the-quote-challenge/