A mind at war..

The therapist said, “you have a powerful mind”
Answers I need, he’s attempting to find,
Asking me to connect, down to the core,
Finding out what’s hidden, behind this door,

Different scenarios, to see if I can feel,
About the memories, forever surreal,
A real survivor, so I’ll never quit,
I’ve never been afraid to talk, about this shit.

But how can they understand, how i think?
They try to relate, but their way out of sync,
I cherish my mind, but it comes with flaws,
My mind might be content, but it’s constantly at war.

This entry was posted in Everyday Life, Fairytale, Internet, Poems, Relationships, Social, The Mind and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to A mind at war..

1. Simon says:

I know how it feels to have a mind at war. Its tiring and often distracting…

2. Emma Beane says:

Truly beautiful… and that wrap-up!!!

3. Marvelous, so much power in your words

4. Nan Mykel says:

Have you ever tried a female therapist?. (p.s. their= they’re) Good, expressive job.

5. mandibelle16 says:

All good questions. I think good therapists are difficult to find, and someone you’re comfortable with and understands you. That’s hard. My own adventures with therapy, I hate it. But don’t let that detain you. It’s helpful for many people. I do understand when you say” my mind maybe content, but it’s constantly at war.” Something difficult many people don’t comprehend. At least you write, and that’s a good form of therapy. If you like prayer is also helpful. Hugs

You’ll relate in some way to someone who asks nothing of you, there but at a distance, close but not inside you, they’ll have no badge or label, not live by degrees, they’ll be a friend, a stranger, they’ll be who they are, they’ll want you as you are, and then what will be will be.

7. fkregieblog says:

the idea of free will is in itself a war.