Silence

I used to hate the silence, until I realised how loud everything is. Now I miss the silence.

About thedarkestfairytale

This entry was posted in Everyday Life, Fairytale, Internet, Poems, Relationships, Social, The Mind, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

35 Responses to Silence

1. Nan Mykel says:

I agree with you in a way, but then it occurs to me that I might try and control the noise: the song of a bird, the soft purr of a cat, a familiar old favorite song tuned to the lowest setting. The thing is, we may have an infinity of silence waiting for us.

2. This……. This is my favorite by far. I feel it.

3. Rajiv says:

Ah! Did you read the story by Poe on silence?

4. Rebecca says:

I moved to the woods to get away from noise. Literary. It can go days without me seeing another person. Most of the time I am in love with this silence. And other times it seems louder than the biggest of cities.

With three generations of women to contend with I’ve forgotten what silence is!

6. cwaugh212 says:

Sweet silence,
    How it soothes the soul,
    In recompense,
    On grassy knoll,
    For days gone by,
    With raucous sound,
    Where time does fly,
    And noise abound.

A stirring blade,
    Of spring’s new grass,
    A zephyr’s breath,
    That that will not last.
    Soft colors add
    More inner peace,
    No room for sad,
    When angst does cease.

7. Pingback: Sweet Silence – charlesewaugh

8. simonfalk28 says:

Unexpected silence can feel loud or unwelcome in some way. But some silence seems to soothe us. Still enjoying lots of your poems! 🙂

9. Beautifully well said. and the truth is harsh in these times.

This song is for you:

10. devereaux frazier says:

Reblogged this on Creative Writing Reblogged.

11. Coyote from Orion says:

I didn’t see anything posted by you and my stomach went like electrical and I thought maybe you were gone and the fairy tales was going to be like the morning when you pull the curtains to literally see what you have done…. usually if I had to run I would claim to be a cop and say I had to go back to the station. If I had performed badly they always believed me….
    But back to the molasses fairy tale… you are here. Thank Rumplestiltzkin. You have not ditched me…. yet.
    So I must come up with my next trick to impress you and anyone who needs a good blast of Pantera (which is everyone really)

12. AJ says: